I haven’t seen any posts like this going around, so I hope it can raise some awareness that he has a donation fund. This man lost 50% of his face in that horrifying attack, losing one eye and his nose in the process.
Doctors at Jackson Memorial Hospital in Florida have released photos of Ronald Poppo, the homeless man who had significant portions of his face bitten off on May 26 during an attack by the “Causeway Cannibal,” Rudy Eugene.
Poppo is said to be awake and alert, while doctors continue to treat his injuries. The hospital has set up a donation fund for Poppo. If you’d like to donate to Poppo’s recovery, you can do so directly at the Jackson Memorial Foundation website that the hospital has set up in his name. So far, the donation effort has reportedly raised $15,000 for Poppo’s recovery.
Doctors said that Poppo lost about 50 percent of his face in the attack, not the 75 percent that was previously reported. They described Poppo as “very charming and positive,” according to CBS.
The nonprofit organization Neighbors 4 Neighbors is also accepting donations on Poppo’s behalf and can be reached at (305) 597-4404. And finally, Jackson Memorial is also accepting donations via check at the following address:
Jackson Memorial Foundation
Park Plaza East
901 NW 17th Street
Miami, FL 33136
If you can’t afford donations, get well cards and other well wishes are another option.